You’ll you need to clean, revitalize breathability and add water repellency to all combination fabric and leather footwear.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel 125ml
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric or leather absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water, masking the effect of any DWR coating. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will remove contaminants and revitalize DWR. Your waterproof footwear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water. This masks the effect of any Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating, leading to footwear ‘wetting out’ in wet or damp conditions. Cleaning waterproof footwear with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt, but also revitalize DWR, causing water to bead on the outer surface once more. Once the footwear has been thoroughly worn, you will need to add DWR, using Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof™, after cleaning first with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel:
- Recommended for Gore-Tex®, eVENT® & SympaTex® footwear.
- Rinse item with clean water to remove loose mud and to dampen surface.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously over the area to be cleaned.
- If very dirty scrub with a stiff nylon brush (e.g. nail brush).
- Rinse well with clean water.
- If required, apply appropriate Nikwax® water-based waterproofing or conditioner while footwear is damp.
Note: Colour may run, test on a hidden area first.
1 review for Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel 125ml
There are no reviews yet.